We provide cross-border tax advice for Japanese corporations having overseas subsidiaries and Japanese tax advice for Japanese subsidiaries of foreign corporations
1. Cross-border tax advice for Japanese corporations (mainly on the Japanese CFC rules)
We can help you with your cross-border tax needs including:
- “We want to know the points that we should be careful in order to avoid the Japanese CFC rules.”
- “We want to know what documents we should collect from our overseas subsidiaries for the Japanese CFC rule tax return. ”
- “Our payment to overseas suppliers is subject to Japanese withholding tax. We want to prepare an explanation document for suppliers and develop a contract template for such transactions.”
Aside from the above, we provide services of preparation of financial statements of overseas subsidiaries in English and correspondences with overseas employees / accountants / tax advisors.
2. Japanese tax advice for Japanese subsidiaries of foreign corporations
We can help you with your Japanese tax needs including:
- “We are considering establishing a subsidiary in Japan. We want to know what kind of and how much taxes we should pay in Japan.”
- “How much costs should we pay in relation to employment, such as social insurance?”
- “What is the withholding tax rate on a dividend paid to our parent company?”
Aside from the above, we provide services of development of internal control (including preparation of accounting policies, accounting manual and flowchart) and staff training.